GeoCommunicator is the publication site for data from the Bureau of Land Management.
11/15/16 - UPDATED PUBLIC NOTICE:
Please read the Site Alteration Notice concerning changes to GeoCommunicator and data availability.
Use the quick links above or click on the Interactive Maps link on the left to get a list of the map viewers. See the About page for information on the data available through GeoCommunicator.
GeoCommunicator provides searching, accessing and dynamic mapping of the following BLM activities:
- Oil and Gas lease sale parcels
- BLM Administrative Areas
- Federal Lands
- Federal National Monuments, Conservation Areas, and Wilderness Areas
- BLM Range Allotments and Pastures
- BLM Wild Horse and Burro Herd Areas and Herd Management Areas
- BLM Solar Energy Study Areas
- Public Land Survey System - PLSS (township, range, section, lots, surveys) - Downloadable
- Reference maps - topo, imagery, roads
- Links to Online Master Title Plats
- Run LR2000 Geographic Reports
- Search by place name, lat/long, UTM, Township
- GeoCommunicator Tools and Web Services (web services can be used by developers in their own applications):
- GeoCoder to convert latitude/longitude to T/R/S and vice-versa
- Find LD: Find the geometry of a textual land description
- Derive LD: Derive a land description from a sketch on a map
- Survey Exporter: to export the PLSS points, lines, and coordinates